Villeroy & Boch, USA, Inc.
Last modified: [June, 20th, 2023]
Villeroy & Boch, USA, Inc. ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.villeroy-boch.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13years of age. No one under age 13may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at eservice(at)villeroy-boch.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see [Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number/any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as interests, age group, gender, location, among others.; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
We Collect and Use Limited Sensitive Information:
We may collect personal data that is described under some laws as sensitive personal data,” special categories of personal data, sensitive personal information, or similar terms (collectively referred to here as “Sensitive Personal Data”). Here, we provide more information about which categories of the personal data described above may be designated as Sensitive Personal Data, and how we use these categories of Sensitive Personal Data. We only use Sensitive Personal Data to provide you goods and services, and do not use such information to infer characteristics about you. Depending on what you choose to provide and how we interact with you, we may collect:
- Account log-ins to provide Villeroy & Boch products and services.
Account login information is used to identify an active user on any site that requires login. Login information includes first and last name and corresponding email for such account, as well as the associated account password.
- Financial information to process your orders.
We collect and use credit or debit card information and required security or access codes in order to process payments and fulfill any order you make.
Note for Virginia and Colorado Residents: We do not collect sensitive data (as defined in those states’ laws) without your consent. Your consent will be collected if and when you sign up for services requiring such information.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, and/or subscribing to any service offered by the Website. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information (such as reviews) to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically \may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, adjust your user preferences on the Website.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Villeroy & Boch, USA, Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Villeroy & Boch, USA, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Villeroy & Boch, USA, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
Learn more about how to set your browser correctly here:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/de-DE/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=de&answer=95647
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=de_DE&locale=de_DE
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Adobe (Flash-Cookies): http://www.adobe.com/privacy/policies/flash-player.html
- Google Chrome App: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=de
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own products, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to eservice(at)villeroy-boch.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or use the unsubscribe button in the footer of our mailing. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to eservice(at)villeroy-boch.com . However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [[email protected]] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
This section supplements the information contained in this policy, and applies solely to the processing of Californian consumers' personal information (it does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals). This section is intended to address the relevant notice requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the "CCPA") and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2020 (CPRA) and uses certain terms having the meaning given in the CCPA.
Subject to exceptions under applicable law, you may have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below:
- Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, and information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
- Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records, direct our service providers or contractors to delete your personal information, and direct all third parties to whom we have sold or shared the personal information to delete your personal information unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
- Right to Correct
You have the right to request that we amend any inaccurate personal information that we collected from you and retained. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will amend (and direct our service providers to amend) inaccurate personal information in our records to the extent it is commercially reasonable.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale and Sharing
You have the right to opt-out of the sale and sharing of your personal information to third parties. Therefore, we offer the ability to opt-out of all advertising cookies and other web technologies for advertising purposes in our Consent Management Platform. You can also exercise this right by contacting us using the contact information below or in our Consent-Management-Platform here. Please note we do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age under any circumstances, as our website is not intended for users under the age of 16.
- Right to Data Portability
You have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This only applies to data that you have provided, where processing is based on a contract or your consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to opt-out of automated decision making including profiling
Profiling is currently defined as any kind of automated processing of personal data which consists of using that personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict elements relating to the preferences, interests, behaviour or location of that natural person. In these circumstances, you have the right to opt-out, meaning the right to withdraw your consent by unsubscribing or see the contact information below.
- Right to Non-Discrimination
This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA/CPRA.
If you would like to exercise one or more of the above rights, please contact us by e-mail using the contact information below. We may need you to provide additional information to verify your request, such as providing certain data elements so that we can confirm they match the personal information already maintained by us. We will not use this additional information for anything other than handling your request. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request in certain circumstances on your behalf. Such authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State. We will endeavor to respond to all such requests within forty-five (45) days, although there may be a brief delay in processing a request while we verify that the request is valid and originates from you as opposed to an unauthorized third party. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to eservice(at)villeroy-boch.com or write us at: 3A South Middlesex Avenue Monroe Twp., NJ 08831.
Deleting your personal data
We delete your personal information as soon as the purpose for which it was collected and processed has been fulfilled. Beyond this time period, data storage only takes place to the extent made necessary by the legislation, regulations or other legal provisions to which we are subject in the EU, the United States by legal provisions in third-party countries if these have an appropriate level of data protection. Should it not be possible to delete data in individual cases, the relevant personal data are flagged to restrict their further processing.
Your information, sources and purposes.
Please refer to the sections in this policy explaining 1) what data we collect, 2) how such personal data is used, and 3) the cookies collected, for a description of the personal information we may collect about you (or have collected in the preceding 12 months) and the sources of such information. Sources may include information acquired directly from you and your devices, or through certain third parties. In this policy you will also find the purposes for which we may use or have used such information.
Disclosing your information
As more fully described in this policy, we may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes such purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Selling or Sharing your information
The CCPA defines the “sale” of information broadly and some of our personal information sharing may be considered a “sale” under this definition. Share” or “sharing” means, in short, sharing personal information for cross-contextual advertising purposes. “Sale” or “selling” is defined very broadly and includes the disclosure of personal information for monetary or valuable consideration. We have not sold personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. We may allow certain third parties (such as certain advertising partners) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our websites in an effort to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you. A full list of those third-parties including the retention time can be found here.
Below we have listed the categories of personal information we have shared with our marketing partners in a way that may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” for CCPA and CPRA purposes:
- Personal identifiers
- Internet or other network activity
- Geolocation data
- Inferences drawn from other personal information
If you wish to opt out of the sale or sharing of your information, please use our Consent-Management-Platform you can access here.
Exercise your Rights
To exercise your rights, described above, you can:
- call the toll-free number 1-800 845-5376 from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., excluding public holidays; or
- write to us by selecting the "privacy" topic in the relevant webform in the "Contact us" section of the Website; or
- contact us at 3A South Middlesex Avenue Monroe Twp., NJ 08831.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- or via our toll-free number: 1-800 845-5376
- via mail to eservice(at)villeroy-boch.com
- or write us: 3A South Middlesex Avenue Monroe Twp., NJ 08831.