Snacking on delicious snacks under the blue sky: The high season for picnics is the warm season. You can look forward to summery delights for the taste buds outdoors with our picnic ideas.
The perfect picnic gear: How summer is made
Refined small meals outdoors were extremely popular already among the French nobility in the 1600s. They were called pique-nique - in English, it roughly translates to “picking up little things.” It is best to assemble your picnic basket in the spring months and keep it at the ready. This way you can always break it out spontaneously. Perfect picnic gear should have the following:
- Picnic blanket: The perfect picnic blanket not only matches the color of your crockery, but is also waterproof on one side and slightly insulated. This keeps the cold of the ground away from you when sitting down.
- Picnic basket: The picnic basket should be easy to transport and have enough room for your picnic gear.
- Picnic crockery: Plastic crockery may be somewhat easier, but it may contain harmful chemicals. Porcelain is environmentally friendly and stylish. The Villeroy & Boch To Go bowls, for example, will charm your picnic with healthy and tasty meals.
- Picnic cutlery: Knives, forks, spoons and a large bread knife are a must on a picnic. It is best to choose a design that matches the crockery.
- Tray: A large porcelain tray is very versatile and ideal for serving fruit or finger foods.
- Drinking glasses: The To Go cups can be used not only for drinks, but also for small desserts. The To Go cup in the small version is ideal for your dessert. We recommend the To Go cups for your drinks. They go with any picnic.
- Cutting board: A wooden cutting board is recommended for baguettes or bread.
- Thermos flask: A thermos flask is important for hot or cold drinks
- Bowls: The large, sealable To-Go porcelain bowl from Villeroy & Boch is ideal for salads and desserts. Small dip bowls for sauces are also a must.
- Napkins: Don't forget the napkins – ideally in an attractive spring design or with the matching pattern to your crockery.
If needed, you can also bring along salt and pepper shakers, a bottle opener, sunscreen and mosquito spray. Bring sufficient trash bags along so you leave no trace behind in nature.