Easter Brunch Recipe: Vegetable Quiche
For: 1 spring form / 28 cm diameter
Baking time: 50-60 minutes.
Chill time: 30 minutes.
- Stir flour, butter cubes, salt, egg and water using a kneading hook until it makes a dough. Use your hands to knead it until it is smooth. Make sure the dough doesn’t get too warm. Cover the dough and allow to chill 30 minutes.
- Using a food slicer, cut the vegetables lengthwise into thin slices (about 3 mm). Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and precook the vegetables (except the zucchini) 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Roll the chilled dough out on a floured work surface to make a crust, place into the spring form, and press against the sides of the pan (about 3 cm high). Distribute the vegetable strips in a circle starting from the outside and working your way in.
- Put the cream, milk, eggs and grated cheese in a cup. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cumin. Using a hand blender, mix and add lemon zest and then pour onto the vegetables.
- Bake the quiche on the second rack from bottom in a preheated oven at 180°C (upper and lower heat) about 50-60 minutes.
Tip:The dough is easier to roll out when it is between two layers of parchment paper.