Sweet Potato Mango Soup Recipe
For: 4 servings
Preparation time: 40 minutes.
- Peel and dice onion, garlic, ginger and sweet potato. Peel the mango. Cut the fruit off the pit and also dice.
- Heat the canola oil in a pan. Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder and sugar with the onion, garlic and ginger and caramelize 1 minute. Add sweet potato and mango, heat and pepper. Steam at medium heat 8 minutes.
- Douse with coconut milk and vegetable bouillon and simmer about 15 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Grate half of the lemon peel and add to the soup. Press the lemon and add the juice as well.
- Puree the soup until smooth and season.
- Divide the sweet potato mango soup into the bowl, add a dollop of yogurt and serve.
Tip:Adding mango cubes, thin ginger strips and a little fresh herbs makes a nice addition to the pureed soup. If the soup is too thick, just add a little coconut milk or vegetable bouillon.