For: 4 servings
- Add the olive oil to a small pan that is still large enough to fit a single layer of all the tomatoes and heat at medium heat. Add the cherry tomatoes with the garlic, thyme, rosemary and lemon peel. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the tomatoes until they begin to burst (about 45 minutes). Turn off the heat and put the pan aside.
- Cook the noodles al dente in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and save some of the noodle water and set aside.
- Halve the sugar peas. Trim off the lower end of the asparagus. Then cut asparagus into bite-sized pieces diagonally. Heat 2 tablespoons of the tomato oil with the noodle water in a large pan. Add the sugar peas and asparagus. Salt, pepper, sugar and then cook about 5 minutes covered.
- Mix the pasta into the vegetables. Heat a few minutes, add a little lemon juice and taste.
- Arrange on a plate. Add the cherry tomatoes on top of the pasta. Garnish with fresh thyme and a little fresh ground pepper, and serve.
Tip: If there is some tomato oil left, be sure to save it. It is excellent for adding to a salad.